Friday, April 27, 2007

Downward spiral

It's not the best day for me to start a blog. My up-beat happy self is gone for the month, leaving a dark stain of hopelessness.
Let me 'splain a little why: (and if you don't want to hear me whining you better leave)

I've been a temp worker for 3 companies in the past 5 years.
I have a college degree (completed less than 2 years ago)
I have no idea if my career choices are that piss poor, if the job market in this area sucks that much, or if I am just that unlucky with jobs.
I have not had any benefits in over 5 years. I do not qualify for any state benefits because I make too much money ($9.50 an hour. . . go figure) I have no dependents (and this is a very good thing).
I pay for all my ADD meds out of pocket. I have a mouth full of cavities and bad teeth.

My job I'm at (through a temp agency) decided that working till 9pm doesn't constitute 2nd shift any more and cut my pay by a dollar last month. I've actually gone down in frickin pay.
The company I work at didn't inform my temp agency of my change in pay. When the temp agency found out, instead of sticking up for me they said I was over paid and took the difference out of my next check!!! With friends like this who needs enemies?
I have just been rejected for 2 jobs.

K
I might write some more later on. But right now I'm sick of trying. I'm sick of losing. I'm sick of work and being screwed over. I'm sick of hurting.

No comments: