Friday, December 7, 2007

Farewell to thee, Minnetonka?

I found out this past Monday that today is my final day here in Minnetonka. The project was winding down anyway, and my on-site boss is taking a new position in a different department. I've informed my temp company, but of course its going to take a couple of weeks to get hired somewhere else. Lo and behold! The admin assistant that sits just around the corner from me, she needs temp workers asap! So I happen to mention my last day is today and I am looking for any work right now. I also have the added benefit of being in this company's system! I have log-ins and e-mail/IM addresses and access. I even have my own extension and a desk, a computer already set up too! They are seriously considering me!!! My current boss gave me a glowing review and told the admin assistant I could run circles around the two temps they already have for this contract. I <3 my boss. She tried so hard to get me hired permanently!! This new contract would not be permanent, nor long term, but it is much much better than unemployment for 2 weeks to 3 months!! I should find out something by next week. :-D

Oh, and Dixie you are so lucky I found out Monday about my position ending instead of last Friday or I wouldn't have bought all that yarn in one sitting! :P But I'm already about 1/3 way done with my mom's first sock!

1 comment: